Renaissance Methodology Startups Thrive On
The awe-inspiring “American dream…” is to be an entrepreneur and startup your own company! 55% of Americans believe they can start a business. Let’s look at entrepreneurial success under a different light. Roll with me on comparing the entrepreneur’s dream to have a shiny new startup company to a child’s dream to have a shiny new red helium balloon. Red balloon of course because a startup begins “in the red,” meaning at a loss on the P&L. The majority of startups won’t see a profit and nearly half will die in just a few years. There is a way to survive, fly high, and win big though!
Are you looking for your edge to succeed in business? An edge for having operations, marketing and sales aligned with management, the budget and especially your market’s needs so you substantially grow profits… Most leaders seek this edge because about half the startups are belly-up in under 4-years with no coincidence to never having a proven growth methodology. Many remaining startups perish by years 5 and 6. About 30% of startups survive to year 10. Note, a C-Level Global study shows startups that survive longer are floundering with minuscule profits averaging below 9% EBITDA so the net is substantially lower. Renaissance Methodology provides the edge leaders seek to flourish.
Renaissance Methodology has been developed and deployed around the world. It has delivered over a billion dollars in results. It’s a system for management that helps leaders build operations and substantially grow revenues. It collaborates with and aligns the plan/vision, people, processes, operations, and technology to work hand-in-hand with business development for branding and touching customers for leads, sales, and enhanced client experience. Typical projects take 2 to 3 years to implement and firmly place businesses on the right road to sales growth.
Helium Balloon & Startup Similarities & Lessons: A helium balloon is something we marvel at as children. After all, what child doesn’t want his or her very own helium balloon to play with? Much like entrepreneurs dream to have their own startup to play with. Spoiler alert, they both need a proven methodology to survive!
• You see, an entrepreneur with a startup begins like the precocious young child receiving a helium balloon on a string in hand, the entrepreneurs and the child start off wide-eyed with excitement. Often, both lack a Plan and at best have a vague vision that needs to be Reengineered into actionable steps.
• Intangibles; Helium is a colorless gas, exhibiting a gray, cloudy glow when placed in an electric field; sometimes reddish-orange if an especially high voltage is used. Startups require gusto from risk-takers, which is colorless and odorless, yet emits a glow from entrepreneur’s electric aura. Both are comprised of glowing potential that’s propelled by an intangible element similar to “magic,” which needs its Energy harnessed and controlled.
Helium: Symbolized as, He, on the Periodic Table, is a fleeting element without focus and control
Startup: Calculated investment on hope & prayer and is a fleeting element without focus and control
• Startup requires extreme care to maintain and a single false move can burst or lose the opportunity the same as a helium balloon on a string in a child’s hand. Ultimately, the person(s) whose hands hold onto them tethers both to safety and leads the direction they travel, hence, the right leaders, and crew must be Nominated and empowered.
• Launching a “simple” helium balloon requires special materials and knowledge to create it and prep it for flight; the chemical element helium, a tank to house helium, and a method to distribute it into a manufactured rubber balloon. For flight, a startup requires similar care to assimilate its elements, organize structure, assemble the people, and build processes to satisfy clients and grow. Applying Integrated Shared Services and or Outsourced Services to fulfill day-to-day business development and operational needs is vital to operating any business, period!
• To maintain a helium balloon for a long time, the initial helium inserted needs to be of the highest quality. Just as the inertia exerted into a startup needs to be of the highest quality. Accelerating the startup each day by pushing for greater expertise, performance, speed, and customer satisfaction is mandatory for success and doesn’t happen haphazardly.
• Control mechanisms need to be used to clinch the opening helium is inserted in a balloon rather than just tying a stringent knot that can’t be opened and closed repeatedly for fresh helium as needed. Startups need control mechanisms that allow for fresh ideas and adaptability to improve and provide renewed energy in the heart and soul of the entrepreneur and their crew to thrive. Modifying the business repetitively is the lifeblood for startups to Negate barriers, improve adapt and overcome for success in the midst of a chaotic and competitive landscape.
• Startups need fresh ideas and lots of feedback internally and from the market in order to remove barriers, avoid danger, and raise profits, because with fewer constraints along with an open and candid environment the business will rise high. Similar for a helium balloon, which goes higher with more room and string to rise without inhibitors, sharp objects, and ceilings. Fresh ideas, along with open and candid Communication enables startups to break barriers and gain insights to improve and grow sales by understanding, threats, internal performance capabilities, and customer’s needs.
• Balancing the budget and measuring mission critical metrics of processes is crucial for a startup’s survival, similar to the precession required to actually maintain a helium balloon for years. Evolving a startup is absolutely critical, which requires a firm understanding and grip on all the numbers of the business (scoreboards & dashboards); to name a few metrics; budget, lead generation cost, labor, overhead, ROSI, KPIs, COGS, individual metrics versus group metrics, cash flow, burn rate, shrinkage, Net Promoter Score and of course EBITDA as well as the bottom line profits… “Know thy numbers or die.”
Renaissance Methodology is The Way Businesses Survive, Fly High, and Win Big:
Renaissance Methodology is a roadmap that starts leaders on the right path. Avoid being the leader who says… “Oh, someday my business will be ready for a system to run on that helps get new sales and manages operations with customers in mind.” You see, it’s exactly the type of startup mindset that thinks to delay a growth oriented people and process methodology that leads to startup death. Leaders who think, “I’m not big enough yet or have enough people to justify building a Revenue Engine,” is what skyrockets business failure statistics.
Use this link to read more about Renaissance Methodology