Surgery For Revenue Growth
Bloody Operational Sales Process
Doubles Buyer Face-Time & Profit
How bloody are you willing to get to achieve your vision for sales? Take the 12 question Sales Surgeon’s Test to analyze your strengths and weaknesses. The complexities of managing a company to get substantial sales growth are much like performing surgery. Except in this analogy the “surgery patient” takes the form of the company and essentially the people and processes inside that are accountable for meeting with buyers and selling to them. Take the advice from a CEO, Revenue Growth Surgeon with dozens of sales transformations and a few billion dollars in sales results. There is a reason that only about 7% of leaders can successfully double revenue and profit in 3 years or less without acquisitions. The same reason applies to why integrating acquisitions often fails. Putting it as plainly as possible; the reason sales fails is because it is extremely complicated due to all the “moving parts.” The good old fashioned sales work required to win more buyers in the trenches means putting together complicated business development “vital organs,” such as the company’s; CRM, lead and sales technologies, Marketing and sales people and business development processes to work closer together, more than ever before.
Academic courses hardly prepare business leaders for bloody operational sales people and process surgery. Results prove that statistically there are few people with the operational business development expertise to consistently deliver substantial revenue and profit growth year after year. Choose the right business development leader to help guide your go-to-market approach to new levels of performance with leads and sales. Stop operating on yourself and get the right surgeon on the team to help your sales Managers and Senior Managers reengineer the plan and implement.
The right “business transformation surgery” today must calibrate a company’s revenue growth strategy directly with a result driven growth model. To avoid flat lining the company’s P&L and consistently grow more than 20% annually and in some cases grows 50% to 100% annually, leadership must perform sales surgery: balance the available budget with the current resources, people, capacity and technologies to ensure the right amount of qualified buyers are met with weekly and sold with very high customer service.
Too often companies are setup to operate with critical day-to-day sales mistakes and process errors passed off as acceptable. In the majority of cases there is just not adequate management structures to do anything about transforming sales to get more leads and have sales follow-up to close. Hence, droves of companies creep along with poor cash flow, which cripples their mobility and moral. These companies are basically throwing away money by approaching the market in an uncoordinated, hunter-gather approach. This approach has little to no intelligence capturing, CRM protocol and automation built along the way. Branding and Thought Leadership are mere mirages chased by these companies. A major cause is that they have poor sales strategies and do not know it. They often lack a multiple Modes-To-Market approach to identify and touch buyers and they fail to build the “magic” into the processes, which is what Renaissance Methodology calls, Consistent-Repeatable-Processes (CRP).
Revenue Growth Surgery Case Study: Take a look at the revenue growth surgery performed on the 3 year old financial SaaS company (a division) doing less than $1MM is annual revenue. However, there spend exceeded a million dollars to sale and deliver the work. The operational Break Even (BE) was $1.5MM. The sunk cost investment in the Saas proprietary solution was $3MM. The division’s parent at the time, a $500MM privately held software corporation was getting severely restless with their multimillion dollar investment into this division. The President of the Saas division had invested over a million dollars of personal money in the development in order to vest and put skin in the game with the parent’s investment. Unfortunately, after year 3, cash flow was critically low and the 6-month sales forecast had less than $200K in potential new revenue. The Board of Directors was pressuring the parent to take action on the division and possibly pull the plug despite a $100MM market share potential planned for 5 years ago, 2 years before the division was even able to launch. At a critical Board Of Directors meeting the forecast given by the division President was “more Red – bloody losses to the bottom line trying to rollout a revolutionizing cloud based solution unless…”
Boiling Point – Solution Sought: All of this turmoil was about to come to an end until the division President hired a revenue growth expert (surgeon) who focuses on transforming people and processes. The surgeon uses a methodology he developed to turnaround faltering sales and even takes existing, good sales models and and makes them great. The surgical methodology promised only 4 things to double profits:
- Identify more buyers and get more qualified leads daily
- Present and follow-up much better so sales double
- Measure then reward & recognize people while holding them accountable for “specific mission critical results”
- Establish Consistent-Repeatable-Processes (C-R-P) for identifying buyers and opening doors (Branding)
Case Study Results: Substantial results of the new go-to-market approach and tactics used daily were captured within the first ninety days. Quality leads jumped up to over 40 a month and by the second tear qualified leads were up to 70 a month. The sales close rate sustained 1 out of 12 sales from the leads attended weekly. A predictable revenue stream was in place with in 18 months with $3.8MM in new sales. By the end of 36 months sales climbed to an annual run rate of $11MM with a 27% profit margin, netting over $2.7MM to the bottom line in year 3 alone. Renaissance Methodology guided the plan and the roll-out tactics.
This Saas division followed the trade secrets and proprietary methodology and spread it to other divisions using it as a secret formula to improve sales. Many CEOs and business leaders have successfully reengineered their go-to-market approach to double using the formula. The formula is broken into a methodology implemented with metrics for the sales people and processes. The formula:
This formula is known as Renaissance Methodology. It is a business transformation process designed specifically for leaders aware and capable of shaking up the system and capturing revenue growth. The methodology collaborates with and uses any and all people, processes and technology implicated in touching customers for leads, sales or customer service. Typical projects take 2 to 3 years to implement and get the client on the right road to sales growth. The following steps are implemented during the revenue growth transformation surgery known as Renaissance Methodology:
- Apply Integrated Shared Services
Use this link to read more about Renaissance Methodology
Take the 12-question self-test to examine your own sales growth needs. Be 100% accurate and open with yourself as you answer the questions in your mind just now to determine if you need to stay on course, make a few small changes or perhaps make substantial changes by reengineering.
Sales Surgeon Test For Self Analyzing Strengths & Weaknesses:
- How does your offering for buyers compare to competition on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the best for you) – explain?
- Do you plan to grow strictly with winning new sales and repeat business or do you plan to also acquire other companies too – explain?
- On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the highest) how strongly do you feel you need to meet more buyers and close more business, if so how many more weekly?
- How many business development people do you have now and is this capacity of sales people adequate to make quotas, why or why not?
- What is your confidence level in management’s plan and abilities on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the highest)?
- How many different ways do you attempt/touch buyers and what are these ways – list?
- How consistent do you use your ways/tactics to touch buyers to become recognizable or a thought leader and or to shorten the sales cycle?
- Do you measure the amount of attempts to touch buyers from all the different ways/tactics and the successes with buyers?
- On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the highest) how timely and well does your sales process follow up?
- On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the highest) how well does your sales force close?
- On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the highest) Can you push your own CRM button and see at least 50% of the exact buyers (the actual people not just the companies) in your markets along with the Buyer’s intimate contact details?
- On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the highest) how committed/willing are you to implementing revenue growth surgery in order to strengthen your sales system and hold people accountable for change and doubling profits?
Grading Yourself: Okay, if you are done answering all 12 questions in full then take some time to come back after finishing this reading and then analyze yourself based on the answers. When you are ready, give yourself a final grade and highlight the strengths and weaknesses. Will you get an A+, F- or somewhere in between? Your answers speak loud and clear! Discuss the answers with your stakeholders to open up the subject of doubling profits. Use the answers to get their perspectives, ideas and solutions. By doing so you are going to the next level of “striving to double” and your building consensus and buy-in with the key people. In the end, use these answers to determine what you should set as strategic sales and tactical objectives. Just how bloody is it going to have to get to make your sales vision manifest?
“How bloody will things get,” refers to:
- What will happen to the plan to grow?
- How much restructuring is needed?
- How much technology is needed?
- Is the current CRM workable?
- What additional expertise is needed?
- Will current sales management be capable?
- What is the push back going to be?
- Is the budget sufficient?
- What is the process to add talent?
- Will consolidations be necessary?
- How will branding & thought leadership content be done?
- Will email and newsletters be effective?
- What Modes-To-Market will be used?
- How much time is needed?
- Who will lead this effort?
- And more questions you can add…
Surgery transforming sales to the next paradigm level is not for the weak-hearted. Aside from the resistance you have to fight yourself on daily, the resistance from others will be massive. The expertise to create the right strategy and tactical plan and the energy needed to police and hold others accountable can be daunting.
The Winning Innovative Solution: Turn to the Revenue Growth Surgeon who pioneered new innovative business models that help startups grow, accelerate established companies, turnaround troubled businesses and helps merge sales people and processes together. Contact David Rose at C-Level Global to confidentially discuss what a strategy and tactical plan would look like for your specific environment and current situation.
Trust the revenue growth surgeon who developed the winning formula to collaborate all the vital elements involved in building a C-R-P to double revenues by keeping it simple and all about:
1) Identify and touch more buyers daily
2) Follow up and close more business over time
3) Measure and evolve peoples mission critical Buyer tasks
Become apart of the global 7% who consistently double or quadruple. Contact David Rose about implementing a revenue growth model and about speaking engagements to help train and enhance your people’s lead generation and sales abilities. Introduce new innovative thinking and inspire change amongst your Senior Managers and Marketing and sales people in order to double sales.
Get the right sophisticated and customized help to substantially grow and transform sales people and processes. Help is available a few different ways for organic and inorganic growth needs from – David Rose & C-Level Global:
1 to 3 Days Speaking And Training Engagement
- To Boost Lead Generation And Sales Close Rate
- To Accelerate Senior Strategic Revenue Growth To 2X
2 to 4 Weeks Analysis Of Marketing And Sales Models
- To Build Sales Engine Strategy And Tactical Plan
- To Build Innovative M&A Plans And Conduct Due Diligence
3 to 6 Months Custom Sales Force Effectiveness
- To Greatly Enhance Lead Generation And Closing Rate
- To Integrate Marketing And Sales Teams
1 to 3 Years Sales Transformation Implementations
- To Roll-Out New Sales Systems Across Regions And Continents
- To Design And Implement 2X and 4X Sales Growth