Fine Line Between Clever & Insane Leaders
93% Chance You’re An Insane Leader And Don’t Know It
Learn From 7% Of Global Leaders Who Really Make Money
A special study of a select group of 2,900 executive business leaders who out performed 93% of their peers will shock you. C-Level Global, LLC surveyed and studied 42,700 global executives over a multiyear research project. Next C-Level Global did a micro-study on the 7% (2,900) of leaders from this group who implemented sales models and sales management that doubled revenues and profits in less than 3 years. Follow the right formula like the 7% implemented and you can grow substantially without giving up the “soul of the way you do business.”
Read what the 7% do in order to double profits and you will be able to understand why this seemingly abrasive statement is actually needed: “Shut up, stop making excuses, get more time with buyers and close more business or get out!”
Stop pretending and start doing…
- Time to get out of denial and admit if you’re not doubling profits you need to be a better leader. Stop listening to the loud noises and conflicting expert opinions and start changing to get measurably more exposure to buyers, using your current resources. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is, as you know, the definition of insanity according to Einstein. Is your leadership able to grow because you are clever or is it lacking because of insanity in the approach to the people who buy. 93% Chance you need to get out of denial. Admit radical change is needed to see more buyers daily using your best people.
- Get stakeholders on your side that will champion and build a new metrics driven plan. Success must be based on the people’s output weekly vs. their assigned mission-critical-tasks. Radical change needs to come from within so that buy-in to the new developing plan is strong. Build the “A-B only” mentality: where A performing employees get promoted and B performers get trained in too as, while C performers are removed swiftly. This way cost stay low and employee compensation remains highly competitive, because the champions manage efficiency internally. The people will learn to love being measured so others can see how well they do against their peers. Plus everyone makes more as the company doubles profits.
- Wake up to the CRM (customer relations management) issues because this is the road to buyers. “You are asleep at the wheel,” and too far removed from the day-to-day CRM usage mandatory for hunting and gathering buyer’s dollars. Avoid the big mistake: make the CRM a top 3 priority on the survival list in order to get 20% growth or greater a year. The push back from almost all involved will be strong so be ready to squash it. Let your competition suffer with a poor CRM process, loss of market intelligence and inability to touch buyer’s enough times the right way. Meanwhile you embrace the CRM change focused on how many times and how well customer encounters go on a daily basis. This keeps everyone on his or her toes! How else can you get next level customer service like The Ritz Carlton for pennies on the dollar like their leaders do?
- Use Multiple Modes-To-Market for direct buyer branding and contact daily. Modes are the types of ways to touch a buyer such as a commercial, billboard, phone call, email, face-to-face meeting or other Mode to capture buyers. Market refers to your exact target buyers (people) for what you offer. In B2C it is the consumers and in B2B it is not the companies you sell to but the exact people inside who make the buying decisions. Using at least 7 Modes-To-Market in a C-R-P for a year builds branding as strong if not stronger than any Super Bowl commercial and for cheaper too. Learn more about Modes-To-Market and how to use your people and resources to get a lot more buyer exposure and more qualified leads but know that your CRM needs to be connected with your Modes-To-Market so you know what is happening with the buyers in real-time.
- Establish metrics for each individual involved in business development rather it is directly or indirectly. The plan must be built so it is aligned with reward and recognition for your people and their critical tasks touching buyers. It is imperative that the system demands your sales process is measured each step of the way for A. identifying, B. contacting and C. closing business with buyers. This means the people involved are under scrutiny and the A performers are “on stage” delivering the best behaviors, results and customer service possible to make your brand truly superior. To be the best you have to be trained and measured to know what the buyers think the best is and then you must measure the criteria, otherwise, you are just guessing and that proves to be not as profitable 93% of the time.
What % of leadership are you in, the 7% of growth winners or the other 93%? Striking how the majority of leaders surveyed think they already know these 5 steps used by the 7%ers, yet they prove they have no clue on a daily basis based on their bottom line results. Not to mention that many of the closed comments from their staff is revealing and proves the 5 steps are lacking. Great leaders get out of denial then seek help to grow. They hold their people accountable, using respect and transparency to meet stated and lofty goals.
You can get help to grow your business. Rather it is in sales and or integrating acquisitions so they sell more. The Renaissance Methodology can be followed to help leaders implement all 5 of the powerful steps explained to double profits. Nearly 2 decades of sales and operations studies along with dozens of business development projects have developed Renaissance Methodology so that it serves as a road map for business leaders seeking to transform their organization into a lean mean selling machine. Over $4 billion in revenues have been gained by organizations using the methodology. A Managing Director at MasterCard says, “The tremendous success we found with Renaissance Methodology comes from the C-R-P it helped us creates with our large clients.” The developer of Renaissance, David Rose, welcomes discussions with leaders looking for substantial sales growth. To find out more about this study or get more information about operational revenue growth strategies and tactics, use this link.